At Technicolor, it’s the detail that matters. We provide creative content solutions to capture, color, enhance, master and deliver! Our picture and sound artists capture and reflect the essence of the story being told on camera. This coupled with a great team of producers and engineers ensures the purity of content throughout the digital pipeline. Our mission is simple - creative content solutions delivered securely and efficiently to any screen.
- Liaise with Production (scheduling/bookings) to understand the QC work order details, timeframe and client technical specifications. Ensure resources are allocated correctly for each booking.
- Perform the technical Quality Control passes of audio and video levels of HDR & SDR 4K, UHD, 2K, HD and SD material in accordance with client specifications.
- Update the media record on ScheduAll, entering all relevant details accurately, including faults, audio configuration, frame rate, aspect ratio, title, duration and client.
- Confirm job completion to Production. Liaise with internal or external customers regarding any faults and queries as required.
- Proactively update knowledge of QC techniques and equipment and keep up to date with latest developments within the industry. Take steps to understand the client and industry standards required to ensure that all material meets delivery technical specifications.
- Generate and maintain detailed operational documentation and workflows with Operations and Production, describing Quality Control methods and compliance.
- Adhere to Technicolor's policies and standards for all operational areas and for Quality Control in particular.
- Contribute proactively to team meetings and act as an ambassador when representing QC Operational Services outside the department. Make suggestions to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop team skills through effective leadership.
- Previous experience of Broadcast (Domestic and International) and Mastering distribution delivery QC
- Previous experience of video and audio theory with broadcast Quality Control e.g. BBC Worldwide and technical Quality Assessment experience
- Knowledge of file based QC workflows, technical assessment of metadata, naming conventions and program content
- Understanding of digital and film acquisition formats and their artifacts, broadcast equipment including vector scopes, waveforms and VTR decks.
- Identifies problems, escalates issues, develops solutions and is accountable for results
- Attention to detail, deadline oriented and able to organize and prioritise work in a pressurized environment
- GCSE Mathematics and English, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible approach to work (able to work ad hoc weekends, nights and additional hours as required), proactive and reliable team player
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed